Believe it or not, our words and thoughts have massive impact in the world around us. We all probably grew up hearing “sticks and stones may break my bones but your words will never hurt me”. I recently discovered this is far from the truth based on an experiment I tinkered with. I’m known for going down the rabbit holes and this one changed the way I look at the world. Endeavors such as these require an open mind and heart.
I cannot recall how I stumbled upon this however I do remember it captured my undivided attention for weeks as I was skeptical about the outcome. The next thing I knew I was in the grocery store buying a 79-cent bag of brown rice.
This experiment was originally crafted by Masaru Emoto who is a Japanese author, researcher, photographer and entrepreneur, who claimed that human consciousness has an effect on the molecular structure of water. Emoto’s conjecture evolved over the years, and his early work explored his belief that water could react to positive thoughts and words, and that polluted water could be cleaned through prayer and positive visualization.
Masaru Emoto believed that water was a “blueprint for our reality” and that emotional “energies” and “vibrations” could change the physical structure of water.
- Cook some rice as you would normally eat it
- Find 3 identical glass mason jars that are sterilized with hot water. This will zero out the bacteria count. Let them dry.
- After cooking and draining the rice, fill each jar with equal amounts. I filled a third of each with a cup of rice
- Tighten each jar the same
- Label jar #1 with the word “LOVE”, label jar #2 with “HATE” then do not label the jar #3 as it will become the control experiment with nothing done to it. The labels need to be opaque enough so that they cannot be read through the backs of glass jars
- Take your initial pictures of the jars and write down the start date
- Start speaking to the two jars in the contact of their labels – yes this is weird if people are around!
- Take a set of pictures each week for about 6-8 weeks until you see changes
My experiment concluded with the same expected results as Emoto. This simple rice experiment seems to open different realities in this world in astonishing ways. This world doesn’t appear to be the predictable, mechanical place we’re generally taught about in school. To me, this demonstrated that human thoughts and intentions can alter physical reality, such as the molecular structure of water. Given that humans are comprised of at least 60% water, this has far reaching implications – can anyone really afford to have negative thoughts or intentions?
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh – Luke 6:45 (KJV)
These are the results after 5 weeks. The rice with “Love” looks as if it was just cooked without any mold.